The Perfect Jean Patch for fixing your worn or torn denim jeans
If you are looking for a great way to prevent holes from getting larger on a pair of designer jeans, have torn school uniforms,or tears in other clothing - this is the patch for you! The great thing about this iron on patch is its strength combined with its comfort. This patch is so thin, you will barely see the outline on the top side of the material that you are repairing. As with our other backing patches, they are meant to go on the inside of clothing, but they are extremely comfortable. For backing patches for high wear areas like knees, check-out our Denim Backing Patches below.
Free Shipping on all orders!
Denim Inside Patch
These iron on backing patches are made from real denim material. They are used for repairing frays, rips, and tears from the inside of jeans. These jean patches add strength to your jeans without being seen. This denim patch has the soft cotton exposed on the inside of the jeans for comfort. They are excellent for adding extra cushioning or reinforcing of worn jeans. Applies in seconds with an iron.
Free Shipping on all orders!
Many jeans today come pre-cut with holes. The original look of these types of jeans is very trendy, but what happens when the hole begins to get larger and you want to maintain the look without a gapping hole in your jeans. By simply ironing these patches to the inside of your jeans, you can maintain the ripped look or repair the entire rip in your jeans.
With the jeans facing you, slide the patch on the inside of the jeans with the adhesive side facing up and iron the top side of the jeans first so you know how the finished product will look. Flip the jeans inside out and finish ironing with pressure to secure the patch.
Application Instruction for patching worn areas or tears:
1. Use our Backing Patches
2. Preheat your iron for 3 – 5 minutes on the highest setting without steam
3. Begin by determining the areas that you would like to repair. If you are repairing a hole in a pair of jeans, check-out our videos on repairing holes
4. Measure the tear that you are trying to fix. Take a piece of denim backing patch (these patches are different because the adhesive is on the top side of the jean material and the cotton side is exposed to provide additional comfort). Cut the backing patch about an inch wider than the tear on all sides.
5. With the front side of the jeans facing you, place the patch through the tear. Make sure the patch is centered within the tear.
6. Line-up the tear so that the jeans look straight.
7. Begin ironing the top side of the jeans - first the top and then the bottom of the tear area to create the look you are going for.
8. Now that the patch is temporarily in place, turn the jeans inside out (be careful because the jeans will now be very hot!) Finish by ironing the backside of the jeans for at least 60 second while applying pressure with the tip of the iron to the patch.
9. Turn the jeans so the front side is facing you and trim any excess treads and now your jeans are repaired!